Abdominal distention (bloating) is one of the most frequent complaints I hear in my practice, and the good news is that it is almost always treatable, once the underlying cause has been determined.
Frequent swelling can be uncomfortable, many women are affected by their confidence, and feelings about their bodies.
Here are some of the most common things I look for when a patient complains of being bloated:
- Overgrowth of intestinal yeast
- Food intolerances
- Gluten sensitivity or celiac disease
- Insulin resistance
- The bad combination of foods
- Irregular meal times
- Digestive enzyme deficiency (including lactose intolerance)
- Other causes of dysbiosis – intestinal bacterial proliferation or parasites-
- Food intolerance,
- sensitivity to gluten,
- Celiac disease,
- Insulin resistance,
and other cases we treat based on symptoms and history.